Thursday, August 28, 2014

Joann Fabrics and thrift store hauls!

Joann's stuff:

 







Thrift store stuff:

 

 


 

 


 


Antique store stuff:


 



Hey everyone! Here's a big post of the stuff I got basically throughout July.
I think I've been kind of a shopaholic this past month, which isn't a very good thing right now since I'm not making much money! But luckily most of this stuff was cheap, and I liked all of these purchases.

The Joann's stuff:
- I got the blue plaid fabric to make a skort! I def will make a diy post on that.
- I got the brown paisley fabric for a dress I had been planning for weeks before. I was just waiting for when I was going to be in the vicinity of a Joann's since there isn't one near me. I will probably make a post about the dress. I took lots of pictures except toward the end of making it since it has been kind of annoying. I 'finished' it yesterday night, but one side of the collar is messed up, so I'll probably go back n fix that (grr).
- The brown below the paisley is just the lining fabric for the paisley dress.
- Below that are zippers and thread for those projects I mentioned. I got the elastic for a scrunchie I wanted to make with the red fat quarter in the next picture.

The thrift store stuff:
Most of this stuff I'm keeping as is because they fit my fashion and me already.
I bought the blazer and belt for my future cosplay of Bloody Mary from "The Wolf Among Us," aka "Fables."
The two things I bought to change up are the gray collared shirt and the overalls. I really want some overalls, but these giant things were the only thing I saw. I got the pants sewn to my fit, but now they are turning into a pain so I'm avoiding them. I might make a post about what I did to the polo.

The antique store stuff:
I went to an antique store in downtown Plattsburgh in early July. I was already in the area and didn't have much time to look around because I had to get back home soon. I was able to find this cute bag, which I ended up using at my friend's wedding. You can see it in my selfie with my dress at this post!
I recently went back, looking for some rings and anything else that caught my eye. I found some cute rings and a matching floral shirt and short set. Pretty good finds!

Hope you all enjoyed! Maybe it will also give you all inspiration to check out your local thrift and antique stores :)

Thanks for reading, or just looking.

FOLLOW ME: INSTAGRAM | LOOKBOOK | BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...