Saturday, May 10, 2014

DIY Button up crop top

Hey, everyone! Got another diy! Really easy, too! Just need some sewing knowledge.

Got the idea from karma clothing. Pic from my previous inspiration post


I can't believe I never thought about this before! Well, now I have, and you can too!


First, I thrifted a mens button up with a cool print that I didnt mind cutting up



I really like this print, reminiscent of a hawaiian shirt but with different fabric. This is the kind of print I'd imagine being sold along with those shirts above.

Next, I tried the thing on. I figured out where I wanted to cut it, and just in case, cut it one button lower than that. I learned the hard way before that you can't go back after cutting too much off.

After marking which button I wanted to cut at, I cut the shirt starting from there. To make an even cut, either try ur best at cutting straight, use a ruler, or fold the shirt to cut it all at once. 

After cutting, I tried it on again. At this point, I realized I also wanted to shorten the sleeves. 
But first! Hem the shirt!! Double fold the fabric over, making sure that everything stays even. Sew that shit up!

If you want to shorten the sleeves, try on the shirt n see how short you want them to be. I folded the sleeve end twice and liked that length. So I cut off the hemmed cuff part and folded my raw edge one cuff width up and sewed. 

This part was okay until I got to the next sleeve. I was nervous the sleeves were gonna be uneven. So, just try you best to keep them even. Maybe even break out the measuring tape to get everything exact. But I wasnt like super worried.

After sewing the last sleeve, I was done! Booyah!

I paired mine with some diy high waisted cutoffs.




Hope you enjoyed this diy!! And I hope you try it out! 
Embrace the crop top and high waisted stuff trend!!! :)

Thanks for reading or just looking.

FOLLOW ME: INSTAGRAM | LOOKBOOK | BLOGLOVIN 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...