Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cool Kid



Fleece Baseball cap: thrifted | DIY crop top: thrifted | DIY high waisted shorts: thrifted | scrunchie: handmade


Wore this simple outfit Tuesday to go thrifting in. Very appropriate I think because most of these items were thrifted! And, actually, the hat in this look is one of the purchases from my thrift trip hehe :) I'll post my most recent thrift haul soon!

The shirt was originally a large men's shirt, which I just cut in half to make me a nice crop top. The trouble with a shirt like this is that, if you lift your arms, the shirt will lift up with them, possibly exposing yourself. 
This is a very simple DIY which I'm sure doesn't need it's own post. I just suggest cut a bit lower than you measure just in case. I always do that to prevent a tragic clothing mistake that will never be reparable! 
Remember: you can always cut more off, but you can't add more on (easily, anyway).

I've cut a couple of these shorts recently. Basically, when trying on high waisted mom pants at the thrift store, only keep in mind how it fits around your waist and butt. You don't have to care about the legs since you're going to be cutting them off.

The scrunchie here was the first thing I sewed with my new sewing machine. It's super easy, and I might post a DIY about it. 

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading, or just looking :)

FOLLOW ME: INSTAGRAM | LOOKBOOK | BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...